- 1 lb. parsnips
- olive oil (enough to lightly coat parsnips)
- Wash parsnips.
- Peel parsnips if needed.
- Thinly slice parsnips into ¼ inch rounds.
- Put into a bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Mix together thoroughly.
- Place in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-40 minutes.
- Stir at 10 minutes intervals.
- Watch closely until chips are lightly browned and crisp.
Optional spice mix
1 teaspoon fennel seeds, toasted and ground
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon chile powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon black pepper