- 2 cans unsweetened coconut milk (each 14 ounces)
- 1 Tbsp red curry paste
- 1 Tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 Tbsp mild paprika
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 1 #) peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 4 medium-size onions, peeled and quartered
- ½ head cauliflower, cut into 1-inch florets (2 ½ cups)
- salt, to taste
- 3 scallions (green parts only), chopped
- Thai hot sauce or Tabasco sauce, for serving (optional)
- Shake 1 can of the coconut milk and pour into a large saucepan.
- Gradually add the curry paste, turmeric and paprika, stirring constantly with a whisk. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Shake and add the remaining can of coconut milk, stir in sweet potatoes and the onions. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, for 15 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and cook until all the vegetables are tender and the sauce has thickened, 15 minutes. Season with salt.
- Sprinkle scallions over the top.
*The Four Season Farm Gardener’s Cookbook by Barbara Damrosch and Eliot Coleman