- 1/2 pound carrots
- 1/2 pound parsnips
- 1/2 pound rutabaga
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Boil a pot of water. Parboil vegetables for 5 minutes.
- Cut off ends of carrots and parsnips. Peel rutabaga.
- Slice carrots, parsnips and rutabaga into same size pieces.
- Mix them in a bowl with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread them on a sheet pan and roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until crisp on the outside and tender on the inside.
- With a spatula, stir the vegetables from time to time to brown them evenly. Serve immediately.
Variations: Use other vegetables such as beets, turnips, potatoes.
In addition, try different seasonings, such as parmesan cheese or different herbs and spices.